All travellers are required to be up-to-date with their routine vaccinations before travelling to Haiti. Ensure that you obtain the following vaccinations: measles-mumps-rubella (MMR), diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis, varicella (chickenpox), polio, and flu shot.
Travellers are also encouraged to obtain vaccines for hepatitis A & B, malaria, rabies, cholera and typhoid.
The Haitian government requires a yellow fever certificate if you’re departing from a country with a risk of yellow fever.
As with many destinations, Haiti has its fair share of safety concerns and warnings to keep in mind. Tourists should take assertive measures in remaining weary throughout their tour of the country.
Safety tips for Haiti:
• Do not walk alone at night.
• Only carry the essentials with you when in public spaces.
• Carry your ID or a copy of your passport with you at all times.
• Ask the locals if the places you wish to go to are safe.
• Lastly, always be aware of your surroundings.