The Future of Travel is Online
The Future Of Travel is Online seminar is organised by authorities within the travel industry, each of whom bring deep expertise in this fascinating space: Travelstart Kenya, Amadeus and 3G Direct Pay. For more information, click on the links below.
Stephan Ekbergh - Stephan F. Ekbergh is a Swedish entrepreneur best known for his pioneering work in the online travel industry. He is the Chief Executive Officer and owner of Travelstart, the biggest online travel agency in Africa.
Eran Feinstein - is the founder of 3G Direct Pay Limited , a global e-commerce and online payments solutions for the travel and related industries. With over 14 years of leading technology, sales, marketing and operation teams Eran is an authority in the East African e-commerce and payments arena. He's also an avid marathon runner.
Juan Torres - joined Amadeus 14 years ago. He has worked across different business groups and geographical areas in Amadeus such as Corporate Strategy, Market Management for CESE Region, Business Development for WEMEA nd currently Business Management in Sub Saharan Africa. He has been the GM for EA since March 2010.
Mbwana Alliy- is the founder and managing partner at Savannah Fund, an Africa focused Technology Venture Capital fund that runs both an accelerator and seed investments in e-commerce, gaming, education technology and social networking. As of 2014, he has overseen 15 investments in Africa in 5 countries (Kenya, Uganda, South Africa, Nigeria and Ghana).
Anna Othoro - Nairobi City County Executive Committee Member in charge of Government Trade, Industrialisation, Cooperative Development, Tourism and Wildlife
ARTICLE: 8 Top Quotes About the Future of the Guest Experience From Airbnb’s Head of Hospitality: Summary of a talk by Chip Conley, Head of Global Hospitality and Strategy at Airbnb, speaking recently at the Skift Global Forum.
1. Online Payments Platforms
- Moderated by Eran Feinstein - Managing Director at 3G Direct Pay
- Topic: Is it easy, safe AND fashionable to pay for online purchases?
- Ken Njoroge - Founder/ Group CEO at Cellulant
- Vladimira Karabencheva - Director, Acceptance East Africa at VISA
- Elizabeth Rossiello - Co-Founder/CEO at BitPesa
2. Online Marketing
- Moderated by Bryan Kariuki - Country Manager Kenya at Travelstart
- Topic: How to acquire and convert customers through online channels
- Mojolaoluwa Aderemi-Makinde - Partner Manager, Sub Saharan Africa at Google
- Nick Paul - Global Head of Social Media at Travelstart
- Martin Kiarie - Head of Digital Strategy at Bean Interactive
- Oluwakemi Ojo - Head of Content, Kenya and Nigeria at Travelstart
3. E-commerce players
- Moderated by Mbwana Alliy - Founder/Managing Partner at Savannah Fund
- Topic: The art and science of selling (anything!) online
- Peter Ndiang'ui - Country Manager at OLX
- Parinaz Firozi - Managing Director Kenya at Jumia
- Tawanda Dengu - Country Manager at BidorBuy Kenya
- Estelle Verdier - Managing Director East Africa at Jovago
- Moderated by Seema Raval - Travelshoppe MD
- Topic: Online: How airlines are taking advantage of this channel
- Jane Ngaira - Country Manager Kenya at South African Airlines
- Henry Obare - Head of Information Systems Developement at Kenya Airways
- Anita Kongson - Country Manager Kenya at Emirates
- Conducted by Google and Bean Interactive
- An interactive activity to demonstrate online customer acquisition and conversion
View the program here